DLM user API for blocking AST
David Teigland
2016-12-20 14:55:13 UTC
As a workaround to avoid an unwanted bast callback after a completion, I
wonder if you could make a no-op call with NULL astaddr/astarg to prevent
any further callback using those?
I assume that what you call a no-op is a lock conversion towards the same
mode as before, correct?
That should work.
Then I think for this to work we need the second assumption I made, ie.
the kernel should not deliver the bast event to userland after it
delivered the cast for the last conversion.
The suggestion just depended on clearing on the astaddr/astarg values in
the kernel (which will itself have some effect on callbacks being sent or
not). I hoped that might be a way to avoid analyzing callback ordering.

Dave