Active/passive cluster between physical and VM
Amjad Syed
2017-03-22 07:11:34 UTC
Hello,

We are planning to build a 2 node Active/passive cluster using pacemaker.
Can the cluster be build between one physical and one VM machine in Centos
7.x?
If yes, what can be used as fencing agent ?
Digimer
2017-03-22 08:13:22 UTC
Post by Amjad Syed
Hello,
We are planning to build a 2 node Active/passive cluster using pacemaker.
Can the cluster be build between one physical and one VM machine in
Centos 7.x?
If yes, what can be used as fencing agent ?
So long as the traffic between the nodes is not molested, it should work
fine. As for fencing, it depends on your hardware and hypervisor...
Using a generic example, you could use fence_ipmilan to fence the
hardware node and fence_virsh to fence a KVM/qemu based VM.

PS - I've cc'ed clusterlabs - users ML. This list is deprecated, so
please switch over to there
(http://lists.clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/users).
--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of