Rhel 7.2 Pacemaker cluster - gfs2 file system- NFS document
Dawood Munavar S M
2017-04-28 10:34:23 UTC
Hello All,

Could you please share any links/documents to create NFS HA cluster over
gfs2 file system using Pacemaker.

Currently I have completed till mounting of gfs2 file systems on cluster
nodes and now I need to create cluster resources for NFS server, exports
and mount on client.

Thanks,
Munavar.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
--
DISCLAIMER

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to legal
privilege. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in
error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to
***@msystechnologies.com, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of
it. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. The views, opinions, conclusions and
other information expressed in this electronic mail and any attachments are
not given or endorsed by the company unless otherwise indicated by an
authorized representative independent of this message.
MSys cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free,
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses, though all reasonable
precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail.
As our company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject
these to your virus checking procedures prior to use
Digimer
2017-04-28 15:25:50 UTC
Post by Dawood Munavar S M
Hello All,
Could you please share any links/documents to create NFS HA cluster over
gfs2 file system using Pacemaker.
Currently I have completed till mounting of gfs2 file systems on cluster
nodes and now I need to create cluster resources for NFS server, exports
and mount on client.
Thanks,
Munavar.
I use gfs2 quite a bit, but not nfs.

Can I make a suggestion? Don't use gfs2 for this.

You will have much better performance if you use an active/passive
failover with a non-clustered FS. GFS2, like any cluster FS, needs to
have the cluster handle locks which is always going to be slower (by a
fair amount) than traditional internal FS locking.

The common NFS HA cluster setup is to have the cluster promote/connect
the backing storage (drbd/iscsi), mount the FS, start nfs and then take
a floating IP address.

GFS2 is an excellent FS for situations where it is needed, and should be
avoided anywhere possible. :)
--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of
Dawood Munavar S M
2017-04-28 15:51:14 UTC
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and the valuable comments.

Curently I am only sanity testing the Rhel 7.2 cluster configuration with
our FC storage arrays, so performance really doesn't matters for us at the
moment.

Also with regard to creating nfs cluster resources over gfs2, we followed
the below steps, but still "showmount -e" doesn't list the export entries,

*Note:* This steps are followed after mounting gfs2 file systems on cluster
nodes,

1. pcs resource create ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 ip=192.168.2.90
cidr_netmask=24 op monitor interval=30s
2. pcs resource create NFS-D nfsserver nfs_shared_infodir=/global/nfsinfo
nfs_ip=192.168.2.90
3. pcs resource create nfs-cm-shared exportfs clientspec=
192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 options=rw,sync,no_root_squash
directory=/SAP_SOFT fsid=0
4. Added resource dependancies
5. [***@node2-atto ~]# showmount -e 192.168.2.90
Export list for 192.168.2.90:
**** No Entries *****

I went through RedHat forums and it is mentioned that Exporting a GFS2
filesystem in an Active/Active configuration is only supported when using
*Samba+CTDB* to export the GFS2 filesystem. Please let us know if its
mandatory to configure CTDB when nfs over gfs2 is configured or anyother
options is available.

Thanks,
Munavar.

emmanuel segura
2017-04-28 22:23:38 UTC
can you provide pcs status ?
Post by Digimer
Post by Dawood Munavar S M
[...]
<#m_-400312905104324003_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
[...]
.~.
/V\
// \\
/( )\
^`~'^
Dawood Munavar S M
2017-04-29 07:08:57 UTC
Hi Emmanuel,

Please find the status below,

[***@node1-emulex ~]# pcs status
Cluster name: mycluster
Stack: corosync
Current DC: node2-atto (version 1.1.15-11.el7_3.4-e174ec8) - partition with
quorum
Last updated: Sat Apr 29 03:01:41 2017 Last change: Fri Apr 28
11:09:25 2017 by root via cibadmin on node2-atto

2 nodes and 10 resources configured

Online: [ node1-emulex node2-atto ]

Full list of resources:

scsi (stonith:fence_scsi): Started node2-atto
Clone Set: dlm-clone [dlm]
Started: [ node1-emulex node2-atto ]
Clone Set: clvmd-clone [clvmd]
Started: [ node1-emulex node2-atto ]
Clone Set: clusterfs-clone [clusterfs]
Started: [ node1-emulex node2-atto ]
ClusterIP (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2): Started node1-emulex
NFS-D (ocf::heartbeat:nfsserver): Started node1-emulex
nfs-cm-shared (ocf::heartbeat:exportfs): Started node2-atto

Daemon Status:
corosync: active/enabled
pacemaker: active/enabled
pcsd: active/enabled
[***@node1-emulex ~]#

[***@node1-emulex ~]# pcs status resources ClusterIP
Resource: ClusterIP (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=IPaddr2)
Attributes: ip=172.30.59.253 cidr_netmask=19
Operations: start interval=0s timeout=20s (ClusterIP-start-interval-0s)
stop interval=0s timeout=20s (ClusterIP-stop-interval-0s)
monitor interval=30s (ClusterIP-monitor-interval-30s)
[***@node1-emulex ~]#

[***@node1-emulex ~]# pcs status resources NFS-D
Resource: NFS-D (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=nfsserver)
Attributes: nfs_shared_infodir=/mnt/cluster/nfsinfo/ nfs_ip=172.30.59.253
Operations: start interval=0s timeout=40 (NFS-D-start-interval-0s)
stop interval=0s timeout=20s (NFS-D-stop-interval-0s)
monitor interval=10 timeout=20s (NFS-D-monitor-interval-10)
[***@node1-emulex ~]#

[***@node1-emulex ~]# pcs status resources nfs-cm-shared
Resource: nfs-cm-shared (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=exportfs)
Attributes: clientspec=172.30.59.254/255.255.224.0
options=rw,sync,no_root_squash directory=/mnt/cluster/exports/ fsid=0
Operations: start interval=0s timeout=40 (nfs-cm-shared-start-interval-0s)
stop interval=0s timeout=120 (nfs-cm-shared-stop-interval-0s)
monitor interval=10 timeout=20
(nfs-cm-shared-monitor-interval-10)
[***@node1-emulex ~]#
[***@node1-emulex ~]# mount | grep gfs2
/dev/mapper/volgroup-vol on /mnt/cluster type gfs2
(rw,noatime,nodiratime,seclabel)
/dev/mapper/volgroup-vol on /var/lib/nfs type gfs2
(rw,noatime,nodiratime,seclabel)
[***@node1-emulex ~]#

Thanks,
Munavar.
Post by emmanuel segura
can you provide pcs status ?
Post by Dawood Munavar S M
[...]
<#m_7692602552533314402_m_-400312905104324003_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>